| About BioBook:|
Accessing BioBook Resources For Classes:
- is a complete learning management system for Biology.
First: Moving the cursor over a tab drops the menu with choices appropriate to the course.
- General: has miscellaneous links to pages for setting up student accounts, filling out recommendation forms, permission forms, course evaluation forms, etc.
- Study Sheets: are the primary tool for studying a topic in Biology. These pages have links to the textbook, labs and other pertinent resources associated with the topic.
- Assessment: these are the pages for BioAssign homework, Tests, Quizzes, and Test or Quiz Results.
- Jump To: allows direct access to the current study sheet and Bulletin Board where all homework, labs, quizzes and tests are announced.
- Glossary: allows access of definitions for BioAssign or Homework.
- Timer: an advanced stopwatch and timer for use in BioBook labs.
- Rulers: allows students to print rulers for class.
- Graph Paper: allows students to print a single sheet of graph paper.
Quiz Bowl, Quizzes, and Tests:
- The textbook, BioAssign, lab sheets, etc. were not intended for mass production on Nerinx printers. Do not print more than one copy of any document from this site. All documents printed from this site should be printed 2-sided.
- Students are expected to keep their Macs in good working order. If a laptop is not working properly, a student should see the tech department right away. Failure to have a working laptop for BioAssign, Tests, or Quizzes will result in the loss of credit for the assignment.
- Especially when taking a Test or Quiz, QUIT ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS AND CLOSE ALL OTHER WINDOWS. Other applications can make it more likely to experience computer difficulties or crashes.
- Safari is the recommended browser here at Nerinx. Students can no longer access BioBook study sheets, lab sheets or other files using other browsers.
- Safe Exam Browser is REQUIRED to take all BioBook online quizzes and tests.
- If you do not have Safe Exam Browser, download it Here
- If you have installed Spotify or other applications that launch on startup, you will have to turn them off for SEB to function.
- Go to "System Preferences" and select "Users and Groups"
- Select "Login Items" and remove all items that are set to launch on startup (hilite them and click the "-" button at the bottom)
- BioBook visitors that would like to get access to the Biology curriculum should email Mr. Kuensting for a visitor username and password.